Slider

Cut-Your-Own Christmas Trees!

Sunday, December 6, 2015

 Yesterday, we had a gorgeous December morning and we headed about an hour away to Heritage Valley Tree Farm to cut our own tree. I think this might be the first time we've cut our own since we've been married. Certainly since having our kids! It felt like a perfect year to attempt it-- the kids are a great age to listen, to enjoy it, and to even help a little. And we really did luck out on the weather! Originally, we'd planned to go get a tree the day after thanksgiving. But that entire weekend was gloomy, grey, chilly, and WET. this weekend was sunny and beautiful, with only a little chill in the air. We had a blast running around the trees and looking for the perfect one. 

Without further ado, here are the photos from our morning at the tree farm. 1. Hooray for some Big Camera photos! 2. Hooray that my new lens (85mm 1.8) was partly what inspired me to get out the camera to shoot. 3. Hooray for a pretty day and cute cute kids at a cute cute tree farm!

























Up ahead this week: I need to start making three kids' tee pees for their Christmas gifts . I need to get dowels or poles for them, too. We want to go see Santa at our Bass Pro tomorrow. I have three sessions I need to edit and deliver to clients. I pick up my parents from the airport as they return from a trip to Hawaii. I want to finish putting up Christmas stuff so I can take my tubs/boxes back downstairs. I have various appointments and random things on my to-do list.... And I need to try not to spend random money just because something is cute or food to-go is more convenient. 

What's up ahead for your week? Happy things? Christmas is starting to sink in over here... Noah even asked if he could hang his old baseball sock on the mantle for Old Mai, so he is feeling the warm fuzzy giving feelings of Christmas, which helps me with my own. ♥  How sweet is that boy? 

So happy new week to you! I'm ready for it!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful day! Beautiful photos. It brought back memories of our family tree hunts. How curious that dad and I go to a tree lot now that we don't have kids at home......

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan