Slider

Five For Friday: A Mild and Sunny Winter Day

Friday, February 6, 2015

 {shot with the Lensbaby Composer, ISO 200, 4.0 ap. ring, various shutter speeds}

*
Foreign Lands 
by Robert Louis Stevenson

Up into the cherry tree
Who should climb but little me?
I held the trunk with both my hands
And looked abroad in foreign lands.

I saw the next door garden lie,
Adorned with flowers, before my eye,
And many pleasant places more
That I had never seen before.

I saw the dimpling river pass
And be the sky’s blue looking-glass;
The dusty roads go up and down
With people tramping in to town.

If I could find a higher tree
Farther and farther I should see,
To where the grown-up river slips
Into the sea among the ships,

To where the roads on either hand
Lead onward into fairy land,
Where all the children dine at five,
And all the playthings come alive.

*
Friends' Five For Friday Posts:
Awesome Sam, who I love: 120 Fingers, 120 Toes
Rachel from FL! Thanks, mama! : ScrapEquation

*
A reminder that if you, the reader, want to post a "Five For Friday" yourself, I'd love to add your link here. You could do five images on Instagram or Facebook, too, if you're not blogging much these days. And it doesn't have to be photos! You could do a Five For Friday list, and just write a few things. Let me know in the comments if you do play along, and if you have a link for me to add here. Because I love seeing what YOU'RE up to, too! 

3 comments:

  1. http://ojibirish.blogspot.com/2015/02/five-for-friday-kitchen-edition.html

    I am always smitten with your lens baby shots! :-)
    I mean, I love all your stuff, but it's fun to see something totally unexpected! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your "everyday" shots, they are so gorgeous & a constant reminder to capture the small moments as well as the big ones. :-) I loved your "five for Friday" concept first time I saw it but never got around to doing it or telling you what an awesome idea it was - sorry mea culpa! http://scrapequation.blogspot.com/2015/02/five-for-fridaymake-that-saturday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love Robert Lewis Stevenson's poems. And I loved your photos. And I visited your friend Sam's blog and it was almost like I was visiting your blog and looking at pictures of your home. Is she the one we visited in Wisconsin???

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan