Slider

Terina's Sweet Kiddos | St. Louis Family Children's Photographer

Monday, August 16, 2010

Homes Family

Homes Family

Homes Family

Homes Family

Homes Family

Homes Family

Homes Family



Homes Family

Terina is one brave, tough, amazing mama. Her sweet husband has been deployed for a year (more?) and she has been doing all that mom stuff we all do without the breaks, support, help we all have come to take for granted from the daddy. Add to that, she is relatively new to her area of the country, and so it's not like she has oodles of family and longtime friends to lean on. Basically, she is a rock star mama, and I am amazed by her. 

When I announced I was headed to Portland, Oregon earlier this summer, she got in touch with me and asked if I would be up for adding her in as a session. Terina is an old friend of Joe's, and one I am so glad I got to know myself. Of course I fit her in--- I love that I got to spend an afternoon with her and the kiddos! 

And though I love these images, and love her cute kids, and LOVE the ones of her WITH the kids, there is this little tinge of regret in my heart that we didn't get Matt, IN PERSON, there with us. Because he was SO CLOSE to coming home, but my trip just wasn't timed to make REAL family photos happen. Makes me sad.

But rejoice-- Matt IS home now, the kids are getting their fill of Dad and Terina is hopefully out getting a pedicure once a week and grocery shopping alone, and getting babysitters to watch the kids so she and her man can have some DATES... 'Cause she's earned it. 

Love ya, Terina. Thank you for coming to Portland that day. I LOVED it. :)

11 comments:

  1. Hey, that's my cousin. What a pleasant surprise. Beautiful pictures...as usual:)
    -LeeElle
    long time reader (via Terina), first time commenter

    ReplyDelete
  2. That black and white one of the little girl is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these!! I especially appreciate all the effort to coordinate the outfits with the locations. They look amazing! What a special Momma!! So glad that Daddy's home to be with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the moments you captured!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the picture with the picture! *sniff* So happy they are reunited again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loved it too! i just wish i hadn't gotten lost and that my children would have been less grumpy.

    and thank you for the compliments. i better get on that once a week pedicure.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Terina is amazing too! I love all the pictures. They are great kid's, their my grand kids.
    WE are so glad that Matt is home too.
    Carol (G Jex)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brandi-lee6:28 AM

    Love the connection you captured between them all. What a beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love the emotion and connection in your images! What a beautiful family and what a great way to capture dad even though he couldn't be there for the session!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet. I love that last picture. I know how much you miss them when they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these! Especially the last 2.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan