Slider

A Photograph and a Poem

Sunday, February 14, 2010



Marriage Turns to Math and Back

How will you love better
After a long engagement?
By what equation
Of friends of flowers
You add to tables
Are you able to make
A marriage work? Hours
Planning:
The perfect wedding,
But years until
The question's answered.

And how will you love better
The one who loved you first?
How will you tally two
But equal one?--
As calculations
Prove inferior
Against the heart's
Interior, one forgets
The error of its
Long division.

Tell me:
How will you love better?
How will life change
When what you arrange
To live for is someone else?

Tell me:
How will you love better
When what love betters
Can't help but equal itself?

~ Kyle Little

*

{Happy Valentine's Day to my love, my Joe...
And thank you Kyle, for letting me share your incredible poetry today... it still makes my heart sing.}

2 comments:

  1. Did you ask Kyle to write that? Did he just volunteer it? How did you find that? What a beautiful poem, celebrating the wonderful journey of such an amazing couple- Happy Valentines Day to you both!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan